Assessment 2 : Problem Statement
Car Parking Management – Arena Simulation
Cars arrive and depart from a 5 stall parking lot using the statistical Information (requirements) as shown below:
- Entity Picture Car picture
- Maximum Arrival 100 entities (all entities should have been processed
- Inter-arrival Rate: expo (5 minutes).
- Cars park into any available space. The parking time is random from triangular distribution 0, 20, 65 (minutes)
- The parking lot should include a roundabout entrance and roundabout exit
- Entity (cars) that arrives to a full parking lot would loop around the roundabout entrance/exit . When no space is available, 20% of the cars would leave the parking whether it was during the first attempt or the second attempt.
- Cars arrive first attempt, some cars park, some cars leave (20%) and some cars attempts again (80%)
- Those cars who attempt for the second time again some cars park and some leave (20%) and some cars attempts again (80%).
- The third attempt either the cars find a parking or they leave.
- Priority to park for those who arrived earlier
- Use visual animation features to model the simulation. The animation should be very clear. The parking rules should be realistic.
- The above design is the simplest but maybe not ideal.
Present your work as a managerial report and should be of professional quality. The report should include sections: Abstract (aim and results), Introduction (applicability, Objectives), Model overview, Parameter values, Results (Statistics), Analysis of Results/Interpretation, Conclusion and Recommendations and any assumptions made.
Discussing the important statistical indicators
Discuss the need to increase the # of car parking lots
Discuss the through output/performance of the system
Include references (use APA referencing style)
- The problem needs to be solved by Arena Simulation Software.